Our school's name

jsc

Clark Elementary School opened its doors in January 1963 and is named after one of Waukegan’s most famous citizens.

John S Clark (1879-1951) was the superintendent of the Waukegan Elementary School District from 1918 until 1945.  During Mr. Clark’s 27 year term as superintendent, four (4) schools were built:  Glen Flora, Greenwood, Jackson, and Whittier. Additions were also made to North and West Elementary Schools. 

Mr. Clark initiated and encouraged improvements 
to the district such as the first parent-teacher association, safety patrols, the Waukegan City Teachers Association, instruction in instrumental music, selection of textbooks by a committee of teachers, sight-saving and hard of hearing classes, and use of 

standardized achievement tests for students. 


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2022 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.